Get the bats out of attic
Annoyed by the bats family squeaking and scratching as they care for their young and fly in never-ending circles?
Tired of the piles of bat droppings everywhere and that stinky guano/urine smell that never goes away?
Bats do have a good side.
What do bats eat? Bats are great because they eat thousand of those nasty mosquitoes every night…but…enough is enough…you have odors and piles and piles of bat poop (toxic stuff). Most bats are small however there are a few kinds of bats that a quite large.
Time to do something important…which is…
BLOCK UP THE WAYS BATS GET IN AND OUT:
- But…be certain to block it up tight AFTER they are gone, otherwise after the bats die, they rot, and that will really super stink up your house.
- To close the bat entry (bat ways), hang plastic netting, fastened only at the top, so the bats can fall down and out, but can’t get back in. They don’t chew, so the netting works.
- When the bats are all gone for their nightly feast, plug up the holes…with nets, caulking, boards or whatever blocks (leave no small cracks) their entrance/exit…and do it before the first light of dawn (this is probably where all these vampire-must be back to bed before dawn-movies came from).
SOME ORGANIC AND CHEMICAL REPELLENTS TO TRY:
- Aerosol sprays used to repel dogs and cats will work for a while.
- Hang those silver Mylar balloons that shimmy and shake and upset their sonar echos.
- Purchase sonic or ultrasonic devices advertised to drive them away. Try internet web sites because these devices are rarely available locally.
- There are some commercial benzine based liquids available for deterring them but they will also be found on the internet, not locally.
- Fact: Poisoning them is absolutely illegal. No further comment on this subject. You are on your own.
- It won’t help many of you, but they quickly die if the temperature drops to 32 degrees.
TRAPPING and RELOCATION: This is a waste of time because of their “homing pigeon” like ability to find their way back to their hang out at your place.