Get rid of cat visits
from next door
If you are reading this, you have probably reached the point where a cat or cats, whether a pet or feral, have become pests.
They have peed, pooped, and dug in your garden, or sprayed their stinky urine on your porch or screen door or crawl space under the house, or are stalking your birds at the bird bath or feeders, occasionally killing one of the feeding birds.
So what can you do?
TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBORS ABOUT THEIR CAT: They may cooperate and keep their cat in or leashed. Give it a try at the least.
USE A COMMERCIAL REPELLENT for CATS
- Liquids and powder products usually made of fox or coyote urine are available.
- Motion activated water sprayers or light or sound displays often scare the cats out of the area.
MAKE YOUR OWN REPELLENT for CATS:
- A blast from a hose, or a kids pump squirt gun, or salt gun sends them running.
- Scarecrows? Some folk say they scare cats. We aren’t so sure.
- (LOW COST TIP) Bury chicken wire just under the ground. Cats like it when it is easy to dig, and that wire stops them and moves them on.
- Remedies such as grapefruit, lemon rinds and coffee grounds are effective sometimes.
- A soaked rag or two of human urine used by farmers as an effective tool.
- Cayenne pepper powder scattered on the area is also reported effective.
AS A LAST RESORT, LIVE TRAP THE CAT:
- Live traps for cats.
DO NOT shoot, gas, drown, or poison cats.
It may be illegal in your town as well as start a war with your neighbor.