How to legally
get rid of woody
Woodpeckers AKA as “WOODY WOODPECKER”
Woodpeckers just can’t be pests. Wrong.
- Drilling holes in telephone and power poles…very expensive to fix.
- Drilling cavities for nests in house siding…repair is expensive.
- Drumming on the side of your house for hours…mind blowing.
- Drilling holes that circle your ornamental trees…expensive to replace.
TRY NATURAL ORGANIC WOODPECKER CONTROL:
- Taste: Hole fillers designed to repel them are available for the homeowner to apply in holes and its taste deters them from continuing to drill in that area. Also you can buy an additive for exterior paints and stains that does the taste repelling thing as well.
- Odor: Sprays are available that emit an odor after an area is saturated that is repulsive to birds and sends them packing.
- Vision: Mylar and holographic tape strips are available to use to get rid of them…deterrence when the pecker sees himself on the reflective surface. Forget decoys, they don’t work.
- Sound: Sonic emitting devices can be purchased and setup to emit a predator sound to frighten them from an area. Other types of “frightening” devices also can be purchased.
- Netting: Netting can be placed or hung temporarily over the area they are damaging and deny them easy access.
- Trapping: Traps are usually a net type device that will catch them and then you need to know legally what you can do with them after you catch them.
- There are no poisons that are legal to use on woodpeckers.
DO NOT SHOOT OR KILL WOODPECKERS:
They are protected by the Federal Government.